Monday, 10 November 2008

London visit




This blog I will introduce with you my own place of interest in London, It is Khoai Cafe, a Vietnamese Restaurant. Maybe you will laugh at me because the title of this blog I wrote London visit, but now I talk about a Vietnamese restaurant in London. You know, it is the first time I live far away my family in Vietnam, at the beginning when I have just arrived here I stayed with host family, they is kind with me but it is really difficul with me because I can not eat English food with potato is the main dish everyday. I lost weight and I really missed Vietnam food, so from the day I came to London, my friend introduced for me a Vietnamese Restaurant, it becomes one of my favourite place in UK and it is also the Restaurant I want to introduce with you today. At first I will introduce with you about the atmosphere of this restaurant, it is not too big, have warm air , country music sofly and was decorated simply by Vietnam's image. The price is quite good, can be acceptable, the staffs are very nice, friendly and be willing show you the way to eat Vietnam food. When you come here you can find out many kind of Vietnamese traditional food . A lot of foreign people said that One thing I really enjoyed was the food. The Vietnamese food is quick, delicious, and healthy. Many delicious and strange flavors result from the combination of ingredients

Now I will recommend some famous dishes of Vietnam which a lot of foreign people know and like it. Firstly, I introduce with you the famous noodle soup PHO. PHO (pronounced “fah”, not “foe!”) is perhaps Vietnam’s most famous dish and is eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is a large bowl of soup with noodles, thin pieces of meat, onions, etc. in it. Usually served on the side are sprouts, chili peppers, sweetbasal, coriander, mint. And it have a attractive smelling. You can see on picture above.

Secondly, I want to introduce with you SPRING ROLL, it is also one of dishes very delicious. The stuffing of SPRING ROLL is comprised of mince pork, sea crabs, eggs, thin-top mushroom, dried onions, bean-sprouts, pepper, spiced salt, etc. The mixture is then rolled in flat rice cakes and fried in a pan until crispy.SPRING ROLLs are eaten hot with a sauce that it is, at the same time, somewhat salty, sweet, with the flavours of onion and pepper). Papaya and a few fresh scented vegetables are added. You also can see it on the picture above.
There are many many kind of food in Vietnam, I can not introduce all of them for you, so let come to Khoai cafe to enjoy Vietnamese food in UK
The address of Khoai Cafe is 6 Topsfield, Crouch End ( near Clock Tower )

1 comment:

Steve said...

This sounds absolutely delicious. Would you say this is the best Vietnamese restaurant in London?