


Today I want to introduce with you the biggest traditional festival annually in my country, it is the time we welcome New Year. It is called Tet holiday. Tet offen happen around the end of January or the beginning of February. On this holiday, all of people are off 10 days to work and study. There are many flowers along streets and a lot of flower markets are opened to visit. Everybody is very busy to buy stuffs and a lot of flowers in order to decorate houses but you always see the happiness in the face of them. On these days the members of family will gather together and repair house and also traditional food, fruits such as Banh Trung cake, Vietnamese sausage, spring roll, and very big watermelon (this fruit has many water,it means every business in new year will easy to do and success). This is also the time closed relation, friends can meet together to give gifts, to say happy, prosperous, lucky year, ask each other about healthy, plan business for new year and open party during this period. On the first day of new year we wear traditional custume, it is called Ao Dai, and have to come grandparents' houses or parents house in order to show the respect with them. The elders and children will be receive some money from adults who worked,the money is put in red envelope, it means the lucky for new year. At the most important moment when move from the old year to new year, there are many fireworks in the sky and much noise to welcome new year by difference ways such as the bell of churchs were rung, the sound bin bin of motorcycle and cars, the sound of people shout and laugh a lot.....Everybody seems very happy to wait this moment and they give each other big huges. There are many many thing happen on these days, but all of them seem just happy and love. This year I went to London to study, so I can not go back my country on Tet holiday, I am really homesick becauce this the first Tet I live far away my family. My mon, my dad, and also my friend call phone for me a lots and do not forget to say Happy New Year to me and best wishes, on this time I also want to say with all of them I love, miss them so much and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
1 comment:
It must be very difficult to be away from home at these times of sharing between families. Maybe you can have a long chat with your Mum using one of our many cheap international phone cards?
Post a Comment